Disclaimer: We do not advocate settling for your wedding dress. This is not the time to have buyer’s remorse. You still want the vision of you in your wedding dress even 30 years later to take your breath away!
There is only one time where a bride will have absolutely no choice and this is ok. We call this the perfect storm where time and budget come in to play.
The average wedding planning time is between 10-12 months. Not everyone wants to wait that long to get married so we are finding that more and more couples are planning their wedding in 6 months or even as low as 3. With a shorter time frame, there is more pressure to find a wedding dress that you love with enough time to have it shipped, altered, and steamed or pressed. Since the average time to have a wedding dress made and delivered is 5-6 months, this can cause a little bit of stress to the bride to be.
In the case of a short time frame, there are options to pay to have a wedding dress shipped with a rush, find a wedding gown that is already in stock with the designer, or you can find something off the rack. Depending on your timeline, all of these options make it easier to find a wedding dress for your big day.
The trouble arises when the bride can’t find anything she loves and is pressed for time with a limited budget. In this case, this is what we recommend:
- Give yourself a deadline. If your wedding is a month out and you still don’t have a wedding dress, designate a day to go shopping where your goal is to have one by the end of the day.
- Spend some time before you begin shopping to research designers you like and styles of wedding dresses you think you may want to try on and make appointments where they carry these designers.
- Before setting an appointment ask the shop you are calling if they have what you are looking for in your price range and time frame. Keep in mind that the more intricate detail you want, the more it is going to cost.
- Try on several silhouettes and ask for stylist recommendations
- Broaden your search. If you are having a hard time finding something with beading, lace, long sleeves, and a low back maybe eliminate one or two of these things to give yourself more options of things to try on.
- Ask yourself these questions: do I feel beautiful? Can I see myself getting married in this?
- If there is a wedding dress that checks all of your boxes, get it! You don’t want to miss your opportunity to get the perfect dress because you were looking for something else.
We at Wonderland Bridal are all about making dreams come true. If you are still looking for your wedding dress and are pressed for time, we can certainly help with that. We also have sample wedding dresses that we are able to sell off the rack. Schedule your appointment with us today so we can help you find the perfect one!